We all know that yoga has many benefits. Not only does yoga boast amazing stress-relieving qualities, it can also help you lose weight, improve your digestion, and even reprogram your DNA. While you might come to the mat to find your Zen, the benefits of yoga are even better than we thought. It may not seem obvious but spending time on the yoga mat can enhance your sex life. It turns out that yoga can improve your sex life and some yoga poses are especially beneficial for sex:
- Triangle PoseThis pose, strengthens the muscles in the thighs and hips and is thought to promote hormonal balance.
- Cobra Pose“Cobra is a heart opener, which helps us to give and receive love. It is also known for increasing overall energy.
- Wide-Legged StraddleThis forward bend increases the range of motion in your hips and also boosts blood flow to the pelvis.
- Downward Dog may help to relieve stress by stretching your muscles and increasing the oxygen flow to your body. This pose will help you find fresh, vibrant energy.
- Cat Pose (Marjaryasana) and Cow Pose (Bitilasana).Often performed together, these poses help you loosen up the spine and relax. This helps lower your overall stress levels and makes it easier to get into the mood.
- One-Legged Pigeon (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana). There are many variations ofPigeon, and all of them are great for stretching and opening up your hips. Tight hips can make sex uncomfortable, and they can also keep you from trying different sexual positions.
- Child’s Pose (Balasana). This pose is a fantastic way to open your hips and find deep relaxation without needing to be crazy flexible. It’s also a grounding pose, meaning your focus should be on resting and breathing throughout the pose, which can help any stress and anxiety melt away.